Beating the heat is the focus of our weekend. We’ll be indoors, thanking our lucky stars for the aircon, and outdoors, thanking our lucky stars for the pool. And we’re off to pick blueberries at a friends’ house; their bushes are ‘heaving with them’. Expect to see a recipe or two for blueberries on the blog next week. Also, I’m already thinking about what ‘first’ I’m going to try for 1 August. Any suggestions?
In the meantime, here are some notions that stuck with me this past week:
- Regardless where you live, BlackBook has some good style ideas to beat the heat.
- I loved getting a glimpse of ‘The Beauty Behind the Scenes’ – Cassandra’s excellent copy coupled with gorgeous photos.
- Sasha of Liberty London Girl always has terrific recommendations and I’ll be trying another one: La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ Invisible Nutrative Oil Sun Protection
- In keeping with the ‘sun protection’ theme, Garance encourages us to consider a hat as well. Here’s some extra background on why that post appealed.
- Reggie returned this week – and immediately treated us to more photos from the June AD story on Darlington House
- F.E. Castleberry’s Unabashedly Prep profiles the lovely ‘Icon of Style’ Francoise Hardy.
- Betsy Transatlantically wrote an interesting post about culture clash a couple of weeks ago. Here’s a follow-on to her post from the Guardian.
- I want to get coffee with Jerry Seinfeld – and Joanna Goddard.
One last thing:
Stay cool, cats.